These courses are designed for students and mature students wishing to improve their English language skills for general use.
Morning classes: development of speaking, listening, reading, writing, pronunciation practice and vocabulary as well as relevant grammar. You will take an Entrance Test during your first morning, to assess your English language level and then you will be placed in the appropriate group.
A Progress Test may be taken and must be passed before you move up a level. Alternatively you may be upgraded, by special recommendation, from your teacher.
Homework will be given at all levels to encourage self-study and academic discipline.
Course content developing the following skills:
- Active speaking.
- Pronunciation correction and practice.
- Listening comprehension with oral and written summary using audio systems.
- Grammar, when relevant and structure of English.
- Vocabulary development and expansion.
- Development of spoken communicative social skills to build up confidence in speaking.
- Reading comprehension development especially for examinations.
- Writing development
- Lots of discussions and role-plays.
|Hours Per Week:||15 Morning ( 9.30am until 12.30pm - 3 hours per morning)|
|Start Date:||Any Day|
|Daily Price:||£16 Morning|
|Price Morning:||£ 80 per week for 5 mornings = £16.00 per morning|
|** Students may attend 2 , 3 or 4 mornings per week from September to June
So pro-rata £32, £48, or £64 per week.
|Short Term Study Visa period up to 6 months:|
|Minimum study period 12 weeks:|
|15 hours per week for 12 weeks = £1,060.00|
|25 hours per week for 12 weeks = £1720.00|
|Short Term Study Visa period up to 11 months:|
|Minimum study period 32 weeks – academic year:|
|15 hours per week for 32 weeks = £2,660.00|
|25 hours per week for 32 weeks = £4,420.00|
|Minimum Duration:||1 Week|
|Maximum Duration:||36 Weeks|
|Level:||CEFR A2 - CEFR B2+ / C1 Low Elementary - Upper Intermediate / Advanced|
|Class Size:||12 Maximum|
|Description:||FEES FOR PRIVATELY FUNDED INDEPENDENT STUDENTS|
Benefits – After your ‘ELC’ London Street course you will be able to:
- Speak and communicate more effectively and confidently.
- Speak and pronounce more accurately and fluently.
- Expand and develop your vocabulary range.
- Be able to socialise in English more efficiently.
- Improve your chance of passing an exam e.g. IELTS / TOEFL, Cambridge.
- Better able to follow and succeed at a University.
- Learn skills through role-play for interviews, meetings and conferences.
- Improve your chance of getting a job where English is necessary.