- We are providing clear guidance for personal hygiene and social distancing for staff and students while in school. Posters are displayed explaining this guidance.
- We will take your temperature every day.
- We will ensure all the COVID-19 health and safety arrangements and processes are fully and clearly explained.
If you have symptoms, stay home and contact NHS Test and Trace to arrange testing at www.nhs.uk/ask-for-a-coronavirus-test or call 119. Also contact Reading Borough Council via email@example.com or Tel: 0118 937 2707
- We will ensure safe occupancy levels of all facilities and areas, including classrooms, and toilets.
- We will ensure students have an opportunity to discuss any concerns with any of the staff.
- We will allow students to wear face masks in class if they wish to. *However, students must wear masks in the lobby, communal and toilet areas. (No more than 1 people in the toilets at any one time). Students should bring their own supply of masks.
- Staff will wear transparent face masks or face shields, or both for lip reading and smiling!
- We have increased the frequency and thoroughness of cleaning throughout the day.
- We have installed hand-sanitiser dispensers around the school.
- We will be ventilating classrooms as much as possible before, during and after lessons.
- We will reduce class sizes to maintain social distancing so that students and teachers can be more than 1m apart in the classrooms.
What we ask of our students:
- Students must complete, sign and date the ‘ELC’ Health Check Form before starting classes, either by return email attachment to ‘ELC’ or paper format on the first morning before class starts.
- Students must not travel to the UK if they or any of the people they have had contact with are showing any symptoms of COVID-19 (high temperature, new continuous cough or loss of taste or smell).
- Students must let us know if they have any pre-existing conditions which place them in a high-risk category so we can take the necessary precautions.
- Please let us know if you or someone in your household has had a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
‘ELC’ will not be providing water, glasses nor biscuits to reduce the risk of transmitting COVID-19.
So, bring your own water and snacks for break time or go to Tesco’s or the Bakery House café in London Street, 2 minutes walk. Directions: At the ‘ELC’ gates, turn left and walk 50 meters to London Street. Tesco is on the right, 1 minute walk and The Bakery House on the left, 30 seconds walk!
No entry to the kitchens at any time.